Prior to Catchlight’s Arrival:
- Please let us know your paint color choices (or sample selection) a week in advance
- If any portion of work is to be done “per client direction” be sure to write a task list
- Please return your signed forms and deposit promptly
- Please inform Catchlight of parking options (on street, driveway; will a permit be required?)
- Please confirm a location for porta-toilet placement and trash storage
- Please make space available in a secure area for ladder and equipment storage
- Please ensure crew access to electrical outlets and water (a hose).
- Please clear items from the work area – including porches and decks (we are happy to assist)
- Please turn off your alarm or explain how to disarm it if accidentally tripped
Count on the Catchlight Crew Treat Your Home and Yard With Respect
- Catchlight crews generally begin work at 7:00AM, though other arrangements may be made
- Your crew will tidy and secure the work site at the end of each day
- Trash will be neatly stored and removed periodically
- We seek to provide exceptional customer service. As work progresses, please be sure to share any questions or concerns you may have, either with your project foreman or Scott Lollar, Catchlight Painting’s Director of Operations.
Children & Pets
To ensure everyone’s safety (children, pets and our crew) please keep visitors away from the work area. It’s not always possible for crew carrying equipment to latch gates immediately as they move through gated areas
New England Weather
New England weather is famously unpredictable! We may cancel work if rain is forecast so are sometimes absent needlessly. Catchlight is committed to finishing each project in a timely manner; we never abandon one project to start another.
Rain or cool temperatures at night do not negatively affect paint or stain applied to vertical surfaces during the day. If weather damages a newly applied coating, we’ll repair it free of charge.
To prevent the risk of electrical shock, we arrange to have above ground power lines wrapped with a protective rubber membrane. Be sure to give Catchlight a call if wraps remain in place beyond three weeks post-completion. On occasion we find it necessary to request wrap removal multiple times.
Please let us know where a porta-toilet may be situated for the duration of your project. The toilet will be serviced once a week and removed within a week of project completion.
Please discuss landscaping concerns with your estimator. Given your garden’s bloom cycle, what is the best season for work to be scheduled? We encourage you to point out particularly sensitive areas and will do our utmost to protect delicate landscaping. Exterior painting does require that equipment, ladders, drops and crew occupy the area extending 10 feet beyond your home’s foundation. Some wear and tear is, unfortunately, unavoidable.
If anything is amiss or has been overlooked we definitely want to know about it! We encourage you to inspect our work as your project completies as Catchlight Painting does not consider the job done until you confirm your satisfaction. All work is warranted for three years.